This site is best viewed using Mozilla Firefox. If you are having problems viewing this site, please update your browser.

Small Talk Six: A DIY Brag  

Saturday, June 13, 2009

This is my 2nd time participating in this meme, Small Talk Six, from MomDot. I saw it at The Eclectic Element while I was awarding her with the Loyal Commenter award.

Since I'm procrastinating scheduling posts for my upcoming Summer Soiree', I'm browsing blogs, catching up on reading, and commenting to people that I've needed to visit since earlier this week.

Back to the Small Talk Six...

Today’s topic is “6 things you’ve made during your lifetime that you were proud of (can be a craft, a dish, . . . anything).” You can answer this with a list of 6 words, 6 phrases, 6 sentences, 6 paragraphs, 6 photos, 6 videos, etc . . .

Here's mine:

1. My first homemade Lasagna... mmmmm gooey cheese, pasta, spaghetti sauce, Italian Sausage, mushrooms, green peppers, onions... oh, it was soo good! I can't remember when I first made it but I'm sure I was under 20 since I've been on my own since I was 16.

2. About two years ago I began papercrafting. (click the link to see some of my creations.) I love making cards and just in the two years since I've been doing it, you can see how I've gotten better. I've never been creative (I suck at drawing) so making cards is a great way to be creative. Granted, I don't get (MAKE) much time for making cards anymore between being a single mom, working fulltime, having a boyfriend, blogging, and all the other stuff that I do, but I love it!

3. Back when I lived in the women's shelter, one of our things we had to do was take a HUGE piece of poster board and write on it significant events in our life that led us to that day. Even though I didn't necessarily MAKE it, I did make the timeline, and God, I wish I had that thing now, to add to it, and hang it up and see how far I've come!

4. Since I made them, I'm including my children here. Without them I probably would be dead.

5. I remember being in school and making those ornaments. (Remember that?!) My mom probably still has those ornaments! Every year our handmade ornaments were on the tree and that always made me feel so special.

6. Last thing that I'm proud to have made was this past Christmas. I MADE time to make 9 different kinds of cookies FROM SCRATCH and gave some out as gifts. I don't make time to bake from scratch too often anymore, so it felt really good to do this again!

Wanna play along? Just head over here to participate!

Bookmark and Share
Email this post

2 comments: to “ Small Talk Six: A DIY Brag

Swagbucks Search & Win!


Design by Custom Blog Designs

ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd