This site is best viewed using Mozilla Firefox. If you are having problems viewing this site, please update your browser.

When Life Knocks You Down, Get Back Up  

Saturday, May 30, 2009

I'm not a very positive person. I'm more of the "glass is half full" person, which you MAY have gathered from how and what I write.

I've been out of work for about 3 weeks, off and on. I'm losing LOADS of money. I'm a single mom. I need that money!!

Regardless, my son got sick, then my daughter, then I had it, but it seems like my daughter's keeps coming back or just won't go away.

It's had me worried. I even addressed this to the doctor last week. (2nd doctor's appt in 2 weeks...) So they gave me a blood test order. I took my daughter for it three days ago.

The doc called yesterday and said she has a Viral Infection. If you clicked on that link, then you see that there are TONS Of Viral Infections, from SARS to Cold Sores. The type she has is a stomach virus infection.

Let me tell you about my experience with a Viral Infection.

About 6 or 7 years ago (my last vacation, mind you!) my then-boyfriend, myself, and my kids headed to Ocean City, Maryland, to enjoy the beach, the Boardwalk, and the fun and the games. Oh, and don't forget Ripley's Believe it or Not!

We did alot while we were there: all of the things above, plus miniature golf, cruising the main drag, shopping, Assateague Island, the nightlife, and the seafood, my favorite! Somewhere along the line, I got a viral infection. I had recently been diagnosed with IBS, so I originally thought that was what was wrong with me. Three weeks later, and thirty pounds lighter, I was scared. I had the doctor running tests on me left and right. I was even delirious all the time. It was so not fun. Plus my then boss, was writing me up for missing time. "UM - HELLO?! I'm dying here!!!", I was thinking! I also had an upcoming outpatient surgery that was scheduled for 2-3 weeks later which I had to cancel.

I was happy about losing that weight. I was down two pants' sizes. I looked GOOD! But still... it was no fun. My potassium was so low he called me at home in the evening on a Friday to tell me he called in a prescription!

So, I'm not thrilled with those - ANY of them! The one thing I am happy about is that she's not throwing up - she has no symptoms besides her stomach hurting. Thank God for that one!

Here's some more info on Viral Infections, if you're interested.

It can't be treated, it just has to run its course. So I keep sending her to school, then at some point, either the next day or even up to 4 days later, they'll call me and tell me she's running a temperature and I'll have to go pick her up.

So. Not. Fun.

Add to that that I'm trying to keep her in because she's still sick, she says she feels fine, and then add on some ADHD. Oh and not to mention, my headache I've had since Sunday. That my doctor said "could be sinuses on the left side of my head", and that he's not really sure, so he put me on antibiotics and gave me some painkillers. Oh and then he told me that I should start feeling better in 3-5 days from the antibiotics and then I asked him what if I'm not? He told me that he would give me more antibiotics to take (2 rounds, a whole month's worth) and then proceed from there. hmmm... he's as clueless as I am. Nice... Guess I'll be using to find and research another doc soon!

Good times!

Plus I'm trying to clean up some in this house today, it is such a wreck. My Lord... I don't know how it got so bad! I think I should start playing along with Tackle It Tuesday over at 5 Minutes for Mom!

So much to do... In so little time!

Anyway... thanks for reading my blog and for following me! I'm over 300 followers here now. That's great!!!

Remember, when Life Knocks You Down, You Gotta Get Back Up!

Check out this video: Keri Hilson "Knocks You Down"

Bookmark and Share
Email this post

3 comments: to “ When Life Knocks You Down, Get Back Up

Swagbucks Search & Win!


Design by Custom Blog Designs

ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd