This site is best viewed using Mozilla Firefox. If you are having problems viewing this site, please update your browser.

Slipping Away...  

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Do you ever feel like things are just Slipping Away?

I feel like that right now. That's why I had to write this post.

I'm trying to keep up on emails, posting here, and home life. I've been home from work pretty much since Tuesday afternoon last week. (I did go in for a little while on Tuesday, but was called back home.)

Why? Because on Wednesday last week, my son wasn't feeling well and had a temperature. I don't know how high because I couldn't find my thermometer. So I took him to the doctor the next morning because of the Swine Flu issue, and the doc said that my son probably just had a virus and to keep him out of school until Monday. About an hour after I got home from the doctor's with him, my daughter's school called and said she was in there with a temp over 100, and could I pick her up?

I kept them out of school until Monday and sent them back. Then on Tuesday (2 days ago), her school called again. Running a fever over 100 again. So I picked her up and she is still not 100% and still has a slight temperature.

Moms out there - you know how it is when your kid is sick. (On second thought, maybe this only happens when they get older... No, that can't be right!)

You keep them home from school and then while they're home with you, they're not listening, trying to do whatever they want like they aren't home sick from school, misbehaving, and acting like the World Revolves Around Them Because They. Are. Sick.

Excuse me while I go laugh my ass off in another room (away from them of course!), because Honey! When Mom is sick, the world does not stop. She still must maintain her household (to whatever degree that she maintains it). MOM must still raise children. And cook. And do laundry.

Meanwhile, I've got between 200-300 emails coming in a day. A lot of them are blog feeds (and giveaways I might want to enter!); some are papercrafting blogs so I can see new stamps coming out, new creations, etc.; some emails are trash; some contain coupons which take more time; some are contests that! Then I've got regular emails coming in.

Oh, and don't forget about my recent addiction: Mafia Wars on Facebook. (Are you on there? Friend me! And heck, if you're into Mafia Wars, add me there too! I need like 90 more people to have a full mafia!) See?! I'm shamelessly addicted to Mafia Wars. So I get new friend requests and all that from Facebook too.

Also remember all of the Ning posts... I know y'all know what I'm talking about because alot of you are on the ones I'm on too! And I think I belong to 7 of them, including Ellen and Extra, you know what I mean?

So... I'm feeling a little overwhelmed but I'm sure tomorrow I'll be alright. Because, really, I am. I just have a full plate, which is a good thing! I'll just read some posts on managing my time better while I catch up on The Young and the Restless, CSI: Miami, and Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, on DVR.

So - what do YOU do to manage your time?

Bookmark and Share
Email this post

5 comments: to “ Slipping Away...

  • The Caretaker
    May 14, 2009 at 11:53 PM  

    I blog!!! I have millions of things to do but I blog. LOL.

  • Jennifer
    May 15, 2009 at 2:59 AM  

    I was just talking about this today! I was feeling overwhelmed and uninspired! I'm so close to just participating in memes all week long!

    I feel your pain! I hope your kids are better and back in school, and I hope you get more members in your mafia! LOL!

  • Mommy24cs
    May 15, 2009 at 10:21 AM  

    I know exactly what you mean about having to pick sick kids up from school and how magically they become "not so sick" as soon as you get home. Why is it when you don't feel like going to work, your hoping one of your kids come down with the sniffles but when your at work and into a million things, suddenly you get the call from school.

  • Pattyandthemoos
    May 15, 2009 at 1:13 PM  

    My kids homeschool so we don't have exactly the same issues but I know my sister's kids have been sick a lot this year. She has the same issues with her kids not being well enough to go to school but yet seeming okay once they are home. I don't know though. When I am sick I am kind of the same way. You don't quite feel well enough to work but you aren't so ill that you totally can't function.

    I totally get how you feel about moms not getting to take time off when they are sick.

  • Pamela Kramer
    May 15, 2009 at 9:10 PM  

    Geez do I know what you mean! My son never wants to go to school and plays sick. One day I had him get dressed even an hour late and go to school. If you can run around the house you can go to school.

    How to manage my time? I don't and I'm overwhelmed. I think I'm just going to go to bed.

Swagbucks Search & Win!


Design by Custom Blog Designs

ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd