This site is best viewed using Mozilla Firefox. If you are having problems viewing this site, please update your browser.

Puberty, Bullying, and Racism  

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

You know that I write for The Guilty Parent, don't you? (Their button is on my left sidebar under "Where You Can Find Me".)

Recently, I posted about a situation (The Perils of Peers, Rebellion, and Growing Up) going on with my son and (mainly) a neighbor boy, whom is also influencing his friends to participate. This situation has now escalated.

I am currently angry, hurt, mad, sad, and disgusted with our local school system. Right now I can't divulge too much information except for it is mainly a Race issue (my son is half African-American and half Caucasian). This could also be considered a Bullying problem.

Today I made some phone calls and spoke to the Principal at the school and I scheduled a meeting. Well, I'm cancelling the appointment and I'm making a few extra phone calls.

It's sad that Racism still exists today. And that people teach their children this. Racism and hate is a learned behavior. We are not born with the ability to be a bigot or hate anyone! That alone makes me sick!!!

I'm sad and sickened by the situation. I plan on moving to a more integrated area, but we currently live where we live because of the price and because of the schools. I shouldn't even have to feel like this right now.

Most of all - My son should not be made to feel like this.


Bookmark and Share
Email this post


2 comments: to “ Puberty, Bullying, and Racism

  • K
    May 6, 2009 at 8:04 PM  

    Sorry. I hope it works out well.

    Nobody would ever be judged by the their race.

  • AudreyO
    May 7, 2009 at 10:04 AM  

    If you're not happy with the principal, go to the school board. My girls are older now, but I was just sharing with a friend about my days in the superintendents office. I was not going to allow bigots to control my children's eduation.

Swagbucks Search & Win!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs

ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd