This site is best viewed using Mozilla Firefox. If you are having problems viewing this site, please update your browser.

Makeover May 09  

Saturday, May 2, 2009

If you frequent my blog, MySpace, or Facebook, you know that I love makeup and I love posing for the camera!

I decided to do a post showing you what I do to make myself more beautiful. Yes, I said more beautiful. While I love to wear makeup and play with colors, I also am comfortable in my own skin, without any makeup.

There used to be a time (about 10 years ago) that I wouldn't go anywhere without makeup - now most days, I'm only wearing mascara and lip gloss or lipstick.

I also sold AVON a few years back, and I participated in their Beauty Advisor training and became a Certified Beauty Advisor. What does this mean? That I can look at you and know just by looking, if you're wearing the right makeup for your skin tone.

Anyway, with my new hairstyle I got done yesterday, I knew that I wanted a flexible hairdo. One that I could flat iron bone straight, put some product in and enhance my natural wave, curl it under, flip it out, or spiral it up, whenever I want, without much effort.

Here's a before makeup photo:

As you can see in the above photo, I have very red cheeks. This is beneficial in that I don't need blush EVER, but it's also very annoying because it's too much! I also can't wear alot of makeup colors because of this.

Here's the after makeup photo:

Products used to achieve this look:





Bed Head SUPERSTAR™ Thermal Blow-dry Lotion for Thick Massive Hair

Makeup Products:


Maybelline Lash Stilletto Mascara in Very Black for lower lashes

L'Oreal Paris Double Extend Mascara in Black for upper lashes

Maybelline Ultra Liner in Black

Maybelline ExpertWear Eye Shadow in Sunbaked Neutrals

Here's a closeup of my eyes:


Almay Smart Shade Makeup SPF 15 in light/medium 200 (I LOVE THIS STUFF!)

Almay Smart Shade concealer SPF 15 in light/medium (since my skin is revolting against me this week!)

Almay Pure Blends Translucent Shimmer Powder

*Note the Almay Pure Blends line is an all-natural new makeup line and is awesome!!!

* 98.2% natural
* Natural, matte or radiant loose finishing powder
* Gives skin a polished, naturally perfect finish
* Controls shine all day
* Blend of antioxidant fruit and flower extracts, including Lotus, Orchid and Acai to nourish and hydrate
* Free of talc and added parabens
* Eco-friendly package made from 56% recycled material
* Hypoallergenic. Dermatologist tested.


CoverGirl IncrediFULL Lipcolor in #972 - Spicy Pucker.

Here's a closeup of my lips:

I love this lipstick too because it plumps my lips, but the only thing I don't like is that when it wears off kind of quickly, and then my lips are dry. So I have to reapply it pretty often throughout the day, but all in all, I love all of the products above that I've outlined here, or obviously, I wouldn't be using them!

Are there any products that you can't live without? And if so, what are they?

Bookmark and Share
Email this post

4 comments: to “ Makeover May 09

  • Katie Lyons
    May 2, 2009 at 5:39 PM  

    I can't live without my Mary Kay Oil Control Lotion. Without it my skin would be super shiny, ugh! But I have used it for years, every day and it makes it look like I don't have oily skin at all. Love it!
    And your makeup and hair look fab! Isn't it fun to do little makeovers every now and then? :)

  • TheEclecticElement
    May 2, 2009 at 7:10 PM  

    I left you something on my blog :D

  • Sara Bonds
    May 3, 2009 at 4:54 AM  

    First of all, you are beautiful. I wish I looked as pretty as you without makeup on. LOL.

    Secondly, I totally have several lipsticks, both by L'Oreal. Also, both have been discontinued. Lucky I found them on sale a while back at Walgreens and I stocked up. I now have about 10 of each. LOL.

  • Joy
    May 3, 2009 at 9:05 PM  

    Angie, you are so pretty. You are so good to research all of your post and give great information. I've enjoyed scrolling through your blog. I'm glad the coupon organizer ideas helped you. Come visit anytime. I'm very random over there, but I love reading frugal ideas too and when I come across one I write about it too.
    Have a great week,


Swagbucks Search & Win!


Design by Custom Blog Designs

ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd