This site is best viewed using Mozilla Firefox. If you are having problems viewing this site, please update your browser.

These are a few of My Favorite Things  

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I sometimes get so disgusted with the methods of delivery we have here in the US. Don't get me wrong, I have never lived anywhere else so I don't know how it is overseas, and I do love the USA, but USPS, UPS, & FedEx all seem as they just don't care enough about the packages we entrust to their care. (Although, I must admit, UPS is the BEST, in my honest opinion.)

Two weeks ago, one of my fave stamp companies had a special release of stamps. "Twisted Sentiments Too", sequel to "Twisted Sentiments", which I still need to purchase. In honor of the release, they were having a special promo: (which they do with every release) If you bought the bundle, which included the stamp set, 2 spring paper packs, and a little container of jewel (oh so pretty!) embellishments, you paid like $46, AND if you were under a certain order number, you would receive a free bottle of Stickles. (I LOVE Stickles!) Plus you got free shipping!

So I placed my order and patiently waited about a week for it to come. When it got here, the envelope in which it arrived in had a sticker on the flap that read "Damaged in Transit". When I "opened" the envelope, there was only one paper pack in there! Nothing else!


From what I can tell, they (USPS) don't take any extra effort to try to contact the company who sent the package (it is on the label, by the way!), when something like this happens, to let them know that something happened!

FedEx - that's a whole other story! Every time, and I do mean EVERY TIME that I get something delivered by FedEx, they leave it outside, no note on the door, unlike UPS, FedEx leaves nothing... except the package. Out there for anyone to pick up.

I am so lucky no one has ever taken any of the stuff they leave out there! UPS is the only carrier that handles their business the way they should. They make sure you're home, and if you're not, they have the "three strikes" rule (if you're not there 3 days in a row, you have to pick it up, or you can arrange to have it shipped elsewhere.)

The reason it bothers me that USPS did nothing (I think) to try to rectify the situation is that they work for us! We're paying their salaries! And if anyone reading this is offended, so sorry. I am a Government Contractor and I also work for the public - they are paying my salary. Therefore, I handle my business they way I want people to do that are working for me.

So since most of my order was missing, I knew I would have to be the one to make sure something was done about this, and I knew that My Favorite Things would do what they have to do to rectify the situation.

Plus, I am not one to idley sit back and wait for things to happen: I am a take charge kinda gal, so I contacted the owner of the stamp company, Kim (and if I wouldn't screw up her last name, I would post it here!), by email, and let her know that I didn't get all of my items. Kim promptly wrote me back and asked me for my mailing address & assured me that she would get my missing items out to me.

Well, yesterday the rest of my order came! I love the papers, the embellishments, and the sentiments. (Which only made me realize I need more MFT stamps to go with these sentiments! They're having a release tonight too!) I didn't get the bottle of Stickles - they must have ran out. What I did get was even better! Memento Dew Drop in Tuxedo Black! Yay!

Thanks Kim! I love My Favorite Things! I just hope that she was able to address this problem to USPS, and hopefully she had insurance.

Be sure to stop by their site to see their collection of high-quality acrylic (or are they polymer?! Sorry Kim, if I messed that up!) stamps, papers, and definitely stop by the blog and subscribe because sometimes Kim gives away goodies!

These are a few of My Favorite Things...

Bookmark and Share
Email this post

3 comments: to “ These are a few of My Favorite Things

  • Cammie
    March 5, 2009 at 9:05 AM  

    Hello from SITS!!! Wanted to say hi to someone new today!

  • Brittany
    March 5, 2009 at 12:00 PM  

    Ugh... I know several people that have had problems with USPS. What a bummer! And you were so excited! I love digital scrapping... maybe I should check out stamps. Sounds like fun!

    Thank you for visiting my blog! :)

  • Anonymous
    April 11, 2009 at 12:27 AM  

    How could the post office contact the company. They have no information on what you ordered, what's missing, etc. Also you don't pay any more of our salaries than you do for our competitors. No tax money to USPS since 1973! If there's something specific you want from your carrier such as having you pick up parcels at PO (most don't want to wait in long lines) instead of leaving them for you, try communicating with him. Brian.

Swagbucks Search & Win!


Design by Custom Blog Designs

ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd