This site is best viewed using Mozilla Firefox. If you are having problems viewing this site, please update your browser.

Review: Ballas Hough Band - BHB  

Monday, March 23, 2009




First off, let me begin by saying I'm a R&B/Hip Hop-Loving lady! I do like some Pop and Rock but typically not boy bands! I have also been known to get down to some Fleetwood Mac now and then! But boy bands? Nah... Not Angie. That being said, I never expected to be reviewing a CD for the Ballas Hough Band. Matter of fact, before this project, I probably couldn't tell you who they were. (I do know who Julianna Hough is though!)

You do know who The Ballas Hough Band boys are - don't you?! You know, Derek Hough, who won the most recent Dancing with the Stars (DWTS), and Mark Ballas, who won last season? Yeah... that's them.




I guess now is a good time to admit that I also don't watch Dancing with the Stars. It's just not my thing. shhh...don't tell anyone!

Or it was not my thing.

I gave up on Reality Shows (unless they're on HGTV) way back after the 1st season of Survivor ended. They just started getting on my nerves.

So when One 2 One Network sent me this CD to review, I didn't expect much.



Boy, was I wrong! The lyrics of the songs on this CD, combined with the music - BRAVO! I especially liked "Do It For You" (which was co-written by new "American Idol" judge Kara DioGuardi), and "Breakthrough". Even "She Was the One" had me reminiscing!

Add to it that the boys are quite handsome, and you have yourselves a winning group!




I've friended them on MySpace, Fan-ed them on Facebook, and now I'm sharing them with you. (But you have to give them back!)

Here's the Track Listing for BHB:


Do You Love Me
Devastated
Closer
She Was The One
Longing For
Birthday
Fall
Do It For You
Breakthrough
Together Faraway
Underwater


Some Tour Dates they have Planned are outlined below:


Jan. 28 Raleigh, NC Lincoln Theatre

Jan. 29 Washington, DC Rock and Roll Hotel

Jan. 31 Uncasville, CT Mohegan Sun Wolf Den

Feb. 2 Providence, RI Lupos Hearbreak

Feb. 4 Farmingdale, NY Crazy Donkey

Feb. 6 Teaneck, NJ Mexicali Live

Feb. 8 Philadelphia, PA World Café Live

Feb. 15 Los Angeles, CA Roxy


More dates to be announced.


These are the members of the Band:

Mark Ballas (guitar/vocals)

Derek Hough (guitar/vocals)

Emily Grace (keyboard/vocals)

Sam Marder (bass)

Harry Sullivan (drums)



Be sure to check out Their Official Website.

Also - head over to Amazon to preview songs off of their album or to buy it!

I promise you won't be disappointed, just like I wasn't!

Thank you One 2 One Network for letting me learn about a different band!

Bookmark and Share
Email this post


0 comments: to “ Review: Ballas Hough Band - BHB

Swagbucks Search & Win!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs

ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd