This site is best viewed using Mozilla Firefox. If you are having problems viewing this site, please update your browser.

Valentine, Schmalentine!  

Saturday, February 14, 2009

*Like my new word?! "Schmalentine"
LOL!

I am not one of "those" chicks... you know, the one who gets all gaga over Valentine's day...

Know why? Because most of them have sucked!

For example, last year I was recovering from having my gallbladder removed, drain bag and all!

My boyfriend at the time did what he could... he actually did pretty well! He bought me some stuff from Victoria's Secret (which I LOVE but can't afford). But since I had the drain bag and couldn't wear anything CUTE, a date was out of the question.

This year, send me to "He's Just Not That Into You" and call it a day.

Really.

My worst Valentine's Day was about 6 or 7 years ago. I was dating this guy for about two months but I had known him for about 5 before that (he was a friend's younger brother). I was starting to see his true colors... he was a major liar.

The morning of V Day, his stepbrother came over and they went to Walmart. I knew they were going there and I knew he was going to do it. I wanted no parts of it.

Well, he did it. He came back with a ring. From Walmart. In a rose ring "box" container thingie.

Before I accepted the ring I asked what it was for. Literally. I didn't want to get roped into an engagement. It just wasn't there. I knew it was going to be over soon (even if he didn't). He told me the ring was a "promise ring".
I was like, ooookkkkaaaayyyyy.... and I did accept the ring and I went to the restroom. I came back and he was on the telephone. He proceeded to tell me that my best friend had called. I knew I didn't hear the phone ring. I lived in a 600 sq. Ft. Apartment. I would have heard the phone ring! So I was immediately skeptical, and, I admit, angry.

I took the phone from him and went into my bedroom where my best friend proceeded to tell me that HE HAD CALLED HER and told her about the ring and asked her if she thought I would marry him.

I was sooo mad! How dare he call my friend?! She didn't even like him like that! Hell... by that point, I didn't either!

It was over within a couple of weeks. That was the last straw.

I hate to admit it, but I am "one of those girls"... if you're going to buy a woman a ring, don't buy it from Walmart and DO put more thought into it than that!! I would rather have a cheap ring from Kay's or Helzberg than an expensive one from Walmart. They're not even in the same caliber.

That's my opinion. So sue me.

Here's hoping this V Day is better. I'm in my 31st year so it's not looking so promising. At least the handmade Valentine's from my kids will be loved!

Bookmark and Share
Email this post


0 comments: to “ Valentine, Schmalentine!

Swagbucks Search & Win!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs

ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd