This site is best viewed using Mozilla Firefox. If you are having problems viewing this site, please update your browser.

Strep Throat  

Friday, February 20, 2009

There I was, at work yesterday, minding my own business, when I saw the number for my daughter's elementary school pop up on the caller ID. My daughter had told me that she wasn't feeling well earlier in the morning that she didn't feel well, but she is one of those kids that goes to the nurse's office for anything. Plus I am a single mom - we need my income, and I only have limited leave. Plus I am my boss' right hand, so I feel bad if I am not there.

The nurse said my daughter was running a 101.1 temperature and that she would give her some Tylenol since I signed the paper authorizing them to do so, but I knew that I would have to leave and pick her up.

I called the doctor even though we don't have health insurance right now (I am waiting for word from the state to see if we are approved, if not I will have to purchase some), and I owed the doctor's office a little bit over $200. They scheduled us for a 1:45 appointment; that gave me an hour to get to her school, stop by my house, and to the doctor.

I was a few minutes late so we waited a long time. Since I don't have insurance, they skipped the throat culture, plus the doc said they had seen 8 kids that had strep just that day... so he prescribed her some antibiotics and off to Giant I went to utilize their free antibiotic promotion. I also picked up some Motrin for her, found some Cookie Crisp for $1.75, used some coupons and got some more soup, and used my free Dole salad coupon that I had won in an instant-win game awhile back. (Which was soooo good, by the way!)

So now I am hoping that my son and myself don't get Strep. This is the first I have ever experienced it, in my almost 15 years of being a parent, so we were lucky (blessed!) for a long time. I have been coughing in my sleep (it's been waking me up!) and right now my throat hurts, so I'm praying. I definitely don't need that right now!

Depending on how she feels this week, I may not be able to get my latest review/giveaway I was going to post on Saturday. I still have to borrow a pc to do those types of posts, so we'll have to play it by ear. I also need to file my taxes so I hope she's doing better by Saturday!

Bookmark and Share
Email this post


1 comments: to “ Strep Throat

  • Kathy
    February 22, 2009 at 4:35 PM  

    Angie, so sorry to hear of the strep throat sickness in your home. Having sick kids is not fun. Right now my whole house is sick, hopefully on the mend, but if not we will have to go to the doc's ourselves.

    Thank you for your kind comments on my blog. To answer your question on how did I color my Fellas? I used colored pencils. Simple and easy.

    Here's to hoping all will be "WELL" in your home soon.

Swagbucks Search & Win!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs

ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd