This site is best viewed using Mozilla Firefox. If you are having problems viewing this site, please update your browser.

Garmin Nuvi 200 Review  

Thursday, February 12, 2009

*Posted originally at my other blog*





I won on Garmin nuvi 200 in an instant-win game back in September and imagine my surprise when it came in December finally! I was starting to wonder where it was! I knew it should be coming soon so when it came a week or two later, I was ecstatic!

I have always wanted a GPS system and Garmin is one of the best out there. They have clean, clear maps, and a rather pleasant voice to help you along.





I took the unit out of its package as soon as I got it, I was a little disappointed that it doesn't come with a wall charger, but I can purchase that separately at a later date. I was impressed that it came with a windshield mount and a clip that you can use with or without the mount. It also comes with a car charger. You must charge it prior to use.





I found that the nuvi 200 unit that I got charged very quickly and I was able to use it while it was charging, so that was a nice option to have!

You can choose to start from home or where you are, which is a nice feature. I played with it a little bit at work; I walked around with it to see which direction I was going and thr streets around me.

I used it the other night when my daughter went to a friend's house after school, and even though the unit gave me different directions than the parent did, but it still got me there! I even took a few detours to stop at the store and avoid a busy road, and the nuvi kept right up and recalculated my route! I also noticed that when I was stuck in traffic a few minutes longer than expected, the estimated arrival time automatically adjusted.

This will come in handy when I go visit family in the Pittsburgh area soon, as well as when I move to Washington State.

This unit has an SD card slot, a photo viewer, preloaded street maps, a touch screen, and is small enough that you can carry it with you while you are walking around. You can also look up addresses, points of interest, and choose 2D or 3D maps.

I'm glad I won this so I didn't have to spend money on it! Thank you, Nationwide Bank!

Bookmark and Share
Email this post


0 comments: to “ Garmin Nuvi 200 Review

Swagbucks Search & Win!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs

ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd