This site is best viewed using Mozilla Firefox. If you are having problems viewing this site, please update your browser.

Review: Oil of Olay Total Effects - Moisturizer w/Foundation  

Thursday, January 8, 2009

I am a big fan of moisturizers, especially Olay. As a faithful follower for about 10 years and maybe more, when I saw the new 7-in-1 Anti-Aging Moisturizer w/Foundation, I knew I had to have it! So when it went on sale a couple of weeks ago, ($16.99 from $21.99 at Rite Aid!!!) I bought it.

I got the medium tone because even though I am a blue-eyed, blonde haired woman, I am not pale. (I used to sell Avon and was a Certified Beauty Advisor a couple of years ago. Before that, I thought I was fair skinned.) I have gotten comments about my "tan", so I am wondering if it is too dark for me? But I also know that if a foundation is not the right color for you, your skin will turn orange. This does not happen to my skin with this product.

The first time I used the moisturizer, and to be honest, every time since I bought it, I have noticed how dry my skin feels after I use it. It feels very matte-finish, and God forbid I get it near my lips, I had better keep the Chap-Stick handy (or put on some gloss)!

I have been using facial moisturizers, specifically, the pink lotion from Olay, since I was about 21-22 years old. I learned a long time ago to do so & I think it has paid off! Everyone thinks I'm YEARS younger than I am!

I love Olay products! Soap, body wash, and moisturizers! They smell and work great! But, this moisturizer dries me out & I don't like it so to combat that, I've started mixing 1/2 of the Olay moisturizer and 1/2 of some other stuff I have here.

It is a timesaver, I have to admit. As I've gotten older, I keep it simple when it comes to my beauty routine (getting up at 4:30 am for work might also have something to do with that!). I typically wear only mineral foundation, powder with some shimmer, mascara, and lipstick or gloss. At least I can skip the foundation when I use this moisturizer.

I think I'll be going back to my old fave, the regular 7-in-1 Anti-Aging Total Effects cream.
Anybody else notice the same thing about this product? Share your thoughts - don't be shy!

Bookmark and Share
Email this post

Swagbucks Search & Win!


Design by Custom Blog Designs

ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd