This site is best viewed using Mozilla Firefox. If you are having problems viewing this site, please update your browser.

Update on Finances  

Friday, December 19, 2008

I'm back! That was fast, I know!!!

A few of you read my venting post that I posted on Dec. 4th and you encouraged me, and sympathized with me. I know that life is hard for most people right now, unless you are the CEO of a company, or a member of the Government, the rest of us are having a hard time...

Well the Christmas season is Not about money or spending it. It is about Jesus & HIS gift to the world... everlasting life. My children know this and they understand (I think) but we live in a pretty affluent area, so their friends all have things that they do not.

I grew up pretty nicely- my parents weren't rich, but I guess they were responsible because we had a nice house, and everything we needed, some things we WANTED, and we were only a one-income family.

Anyway, I mentioned how I wouldn't be able to get any gifts (personally) for my kids but I know resources in my area, so I utilize them. I signed up for gifts from a local agency, and I pick them up tomorrow.

I was able to get a few things for my children, due to belonging to Think Big with HP: they "pay" members in Amazon.com gift cards and I saved a few up to get my kids a few things. Hopefully they arrive today!

At work I am a secretary for a rather small Telecommunications company based in Chesapeake, Va. They do government contracts, so I work on Aberdeen Proving Ground here in MD. I support 42 men and 2 women. They are an eclectic bunch but I love them all in their own way.

Yesterday was our work Christmas "party" and I organized that, as well as a collection for our boss. We presented him with a handmade card (yay!!! Love handmade!!) with $250 in AMEX GC's, and $30 - the cash came from late donaters! Hehe...

Little did I know that the guys were organizing their own collection - for ME!! So they gave me $120, which I immediately deposited into the bank and went to Kmart.com to look at the prices of their outerwear, because my son has no coat, only jackets. I found him a nice coat for $29.99, and while I was there I figured I'd spend $50 to get free shipping, so I looked for one for Baby Girl - found one for her for $24.99!!! So I am happy about that.

My parents sent us some GC's too - $50 for Walmart for both of the kids, and $50 to Giant grocery store for me. Much needed & appreciated!!!

Tomorrow I pick up the gifts that were donated to us - hopefully Christmas will be good! No clue who we'll spend it with but as long as we are with loved ones, it will be a good one!

Have a great day!!

Angie

Bookmark and Share
Email this post


0 comments: to “ Update on Finances

Swagbucks Search & Win!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs

ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd